UPDATED: Equipment Failure Blamed For Amador County Power Plant Explosion
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
IONE (CBS13) – Two people were injured in a power plant explosion near Ione in Amador County Wednesday morning.
The incident happened at Buena Vista Biomass Power, which is south of Ione on Coal Mine Road.
An Amador County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson says two people were injured in the blast. One of the injured was life-flighted by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center, suffering from burns and a cut to the face.
The facility burns waste to produce electricity.
Officials are saying the explosion was caused by equipment failure.