UPDATED: Equipment Failure Blamed For Amador County Power Plant Explosion
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
IONE (CBS13) – Two people were injured in a power plant explosion near Ione in Amador County Wednesday morning.
The incident happened at Buena Vista Biomass Power, which is south of Ione on Coal Mine Road.
An Amador County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson says two people were injured in the blast. One of the injured was life-flighted by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center, suffering from burns and a cut to the face.
The facility burns waste to produce electricity.
Officials are saying the explosion was caused by equipment failure.