UPDATED: Equipment Failure Blamed For Amador County Power Plant Explosion
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
IONE (CBS13) – Two people were injured in a power plant explosion near Ione in Amador County Wednesday morning.
The incident happened at Buena Vista Biomass Power, which is south of Ione on Coal Mine Road.
An Amador County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson says two people were injured in the blast. One of the injured was life-flighted by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center, suffering from burns and a cut to the face.
The facility burns waste to produce electricity.
Officials are saying the explosion was caused by equipment failure.