UPDATED: Equipment Failure Blamed For Amador County Power Plant Explosion
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
IONE (CBS13) – Two people were injured in a power plant explosion near Ione in Amador County Wednesday morning.
The incident happened at Buena Vista Biomass Power, which is south of Ione on Coal Mine Road.
An Amador County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson says two people were injured in the blast. One of the injured was life-flighted by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center, suffering from burns and a cut to the face.
The facility burns waste to produce electricity.
Officials are saying the explosion was caused by equipment failure.