UPDATED: Equipment Failure Blamed For Amador County Power Plant Explosion
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
IONE (CBS13) – Two people were injured in a power plant explosion near Ione in Amador County Wednesday morning.
The incident happened at Buena Vista Biomass Power, which is south of Ione on Coal Mine Road.
An Amador County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson says two people were injured in the blast. One of the injured was life-flighted by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center, suffering from burns and a cut to the face.
The facility burns waste to produce electricity.
Officials are saying the explosion was caused by equipment failure.