Thunder Valley Gives Public First Behind-The-Scenes Look Into Busy Resort Bakery
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It’s something that has never been done before at Thunder Valley Casino Resort as the public got a behind-the-scenes look at the bakery.
The casino’s bakery makes over 25,000 pastries each day, with a crew of just 18 employees. Each person works in shifts, 24-hours a day. Workers are responsible for providing 2,500 pounds of bread per day to all the venues on the resort site.
Employees make enough sweets to satisfy their 16,000 daily visitors, which totals three desserts per person each day.
Everything is homemade, with fresh food arriving daily from local farmers.