Thunder Valley Gives Public First Behind-The-Scenes Look Into Busy Resort Bakery
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It’s something that has never been done before at Thunder Valley Casino Resort as the public got a behind-the-scenes look at the bakery.
The casino’s bakery makes over 25,000 pastries each day, with a crew of just 18 employees. Each person works in shifts, 24-hours a day. Workers are responsible for providing 2,500 pounds of bread per day to all the venues on the resort site.
Employees make enough sweets to satisfy their 16,000 daily visitors, which totals three desserts per person each day.
Everything is homemade, with fresh food arriving daily from local farmers.