Thunder Valley Gives Public First Behind-The-Scenes Look Into Busy Resort Bakery
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It’s something that has never been done before at Thunder Valley Casino Resort as the public got a behind-the-scenes look at the bakery.
The casino’s bakery makes over 25,000 pastries each day, with a crew of just 18 employees. Each person works in shifts, 24-hours a day. Workers are responsible for providing 2,500 pounds of bread per day to all the venues on the resort site.
Employees make enough sweets to satisfy their 16,000 daily visitors, which totals three desserts per person each day.
Everything is homemade, with fresh food arriving daily from local farmers.