Thunder Valley Gives Public First Behind-The-Scenes Look Into Busy Resort Bakery
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It’s something that has never been done before at Thunder Valley Casino Resort as the public got a behind-the-scenes look at the bakery.
The casino’s bakery makes over 25,000 pastries each day, with a crew of just 18 employees. Each person works in shifts, 24-hours a day. Workers are responsible for providing 2,500 pounds of bread per day to all the venues on the resort site.
Employees make enough sweets to satisfy their 16,000 daily visitors, which totals three desserts per person each day.
Everything is homemade, with fresh food arriving daily from local farmers.