Thousands Turn To Annual Grape Escape In Downtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS) – People braved hot temperatures for a big weekend event. Thousands turned out for the annual Grape Escape in downtown Sacramento on Saturday.
The event is the region’s premier food and wine event and showcases area wineries and many local restaurants.
Visitors got to taste the local grapes for a flat fee.
“So many people are coming to this event because it showcases all the food and wine of the Sacramento region. We have 40 wineries and 30 restaurants all showing what’s great about the Sacramento region,” said Sidney Scheideman with the Sacramento Convention and Visitors Bureau.
It was just one of several big events for folks to enjoy on this hot Saturday.