Thousands Turn To Annual Grape Escape In Downtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS) – People braved hot temperatures for a big weekend event. Thousands turned out for the annual Grape Escape in downtown Sacramento on Saturday.
The event is the region’s premier food and wine event and showcases area wineries and many local restaurants.
Visitors got to taste the local grapes for a flat fee.
“So many people are coming to this event because it showcases all the food and wine of the Sacramento region. We have 40 wineries and 30 restaurants all showing what’s great about the Sacramento region,” said Sidney Scheideman with the Sacramento Convention and Visitors Bureau.
It was just one of several big events for folks to enjoy on this hot Saturday.