Mother, 2 Children Maced At Roseville Galleria
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A handful of shoppers were rushed to the hospital after being pepper sprayed at the Westfield Roseville Galleria.
Police say it started with a fight, then one person pulled out the pepper spray.
“Our dispatchers could hear screaming in the background,” said Dee Dee Gunther, Roseville Police Department spokesperson.
It was a scene that shocked families and shoppers as a woman maced a mother and two her kids — both under the age of five — in The Children’s Place store.
“I can’t believe anyone would pull the trigger with a child there,” mall employee Josh Yukelis said.
Not only were the mother and her children taken to the hospital, but also an employee who was nearby.
“I think it’s terrible, dangerous. Maybe they need more security guards,” shopper Andrea Shank said.
Police say three other people may have been part of the altercation. They were treated at the scene.
Some are still wondering what can be done to keep shoppers safe.
“Considering we’re supposed to be an upscale mall, people should feel secure and that sort of activity shouldn’t happen anywhere, let alone here,” said Yukelis.
The was also a pepper spray incident at the Arden Fair mall Saturday, but police say the two are unrelated.