Mother, 2 Children Maced At Roseville Galleria
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A handful of shoppers were rushed to the hospital after being pepper sprayed at the Westfield Roseville Galleria.
Police say it started with a fight, then one person pulled out the pepper spray.
“Our dispatchers could hear screaming in the background,” said Dee Dee Gunther, Roseville Police Department spokesperson.
It was a scene that shocked families and shoppers as a woman maced a mother and two her kids — both under the age of five — in The Children’s Place store.
“I can’t believe anyone would pull the trigger with a child there,” mall employee Josh Yukelis said.
Not only were the mother and her children taken to the hospital, but also an employee who was nearby.
“I think it’s terrible, dangerous. Maybe they need more security guards,” shopper Andrea Shank said.
Police say three other people may have been part of the altercation. They were treated at the scene.
Some are still wondering what can be done to keep shoppers safe.
“Considering we’re supposed to be an upscale mall, people should feel secure and that sort of activity shouldn’t happen anywhere, let alone here,” said Yukelis.
The was also a pepper spray incident at the Arden Fair mall Saturday, but police say the two are unrelated.