Record-Breaking Weekend Temperatures Coming Up
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
We’ll catch a slight break from the upper 90s we endured this weekend as high temps fall back into the upper 80s and low 90s today through Thursday.
Friday and Saturday are going to be excessively hot, with highs well into the triple digits. Saturday will be a record-breaker with highs 105-110 degrees. Saturday’s record high for Sacramento is 103. It was set in 1973.
More info from National Weather Service:
* Strong high pressure building across the region will result in very hot temperatures later this week with record high temperatures possible at many locales on Friday and Saturday.
* Daytime high temperatures will be around 15 to 20 degrees above normal and will range from around 100 to 112 in the central valley and will be mainly in the 80s and 90s in the mountains.
* Overnight low temperatures will be mild ranging from the mid 60s to mid 70s in the Central Valley with 50s and 60s in the mountains.
* Do your outdoor activities in the morning, if possible. Care should be taken to ensure that sensitive groups, including the elderly and small children, limit their exposure to the heat.
Click here to see the 7-day forecast in your area.