Record-Breaking Weekend Temperatures Coming Up
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
We’ll catch a slight break from the upper 90s we endured this weekend as high temps fall back into the upper 80s and low 90s today through Thursday.
Friday and Saturday are going to be excessively hot, with highs well into the triple digits. Saturday will be a record-breaker with highs 105-110 degrees. Saturday’s record high for Sacramento is 103. It was set in 1973.
More info from National Weather Service:
* Strong high pressure building across the region will result in very hot temperatures later this week with record high temperatures possible at many locales on Friday and Saturday.
* Daytime high temperatures will be around 15 to 20 degrees above normal and will range from around 100 to 112 in the central valley and will be mainly in the 80s and 90s in the mountains.
* Overnight low temperatures will be mild ranging from the mid 60s to mid 70s in the Central Valley with 50s and 60s in the mountains.
* Do your outdoor activities in the morning, if possible. Care should be taken to ensure that sensitive groups, including the elderly and small children, limit their exposure to the heat.
Click here to see the 7-day forecast in your area.