Taco Bell Firing Employee Who Was Photographed Licking Taco Shells
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) — Taco Bell is firing a California employee who was photographed licking a stack of taco shells.
The shot was made in March at a Taco Bell in Ridgecrest, 100 miles north of Los Angeles.
Taco Bell Products Inc. says the shells were provided for workers to practice making its new Cool Ranch tacos and were thrown out without being sold.
The Irvine-based company says the photograph was taken for a contest showing employees enjoying their first bite of the product. It wasn’t submitted, but a worker posted it to a Facebook page — which violates company policy.
Taco Bell says the worker also violated food handling procedures.
The company says the licker has been suspended and will be fired, while the photographer no longer works at the restaurant.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.