72-Year-Old Yuba City Man Stops Assault On Family Days After His Heart Attack
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) — Less than a week after coming out of the hospital after a heart attack, a 72-year-old man stepped in to stop a violent attack against a family.
Roy Chand hadn’t been in a fight since high school, but he says he was ready when he saw a man with a knife threatening a mother and her kids.
“I said, ‘You want your trouble? Come on you got it. Pick on me. I’m not a woman and I’m not a kid,’” Chand said.
Chand says in the moment he was feeling fierce.
“I felt like I was 10 feet tall and 200 pounds, like I’m a boxer,” he said.
The family ran inside the store. The man with the knife, Onon Donley, ran off, but was eventually arrested.