Bicyclist Dies After Being Hit By Truck In Elk Grove
Don't Miss This
- Family Vacation Turns Into Nightmare When Hurricane Odile Leaves Them Stranded In Cabo
- Puddles At The Dog Park: Owners Say Roseville Parks Department Overwatering Grass
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A bicyclist was hit and killed by a truck in Elk Grove on Sunday night.
The incident happened at 11 p.m. on Vilamoura Way at Franklin High Road, say police. A Chevy pickup hauling a trailer hit the cyclist who was not riding in the nearby bike lane.
The 25-year-old man was taken to the hospital where he later died. His identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The incident is currently under investigation. Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call investigators at (916) 478-8148.