Bicyclist Dies After Being Hit By Truck In Elk Grove
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A bicyclist was hit and killed by a truck in Elk Grove on Sunday night.
The incident happened at 11 p.m. on Vilamoura Way at Franklin High Road, say police. A Chevy pickup hauling a trailer hit the cyclist who was not riding in the nearby bike lane.
The 25-year-old man was taken to the hospital where he later died. His identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The incident is currently under investigation. Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call investigators at (916) 478-8148.