Stockton Mom Accused Of Abandoning Toddler In Caldwell Park
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A Stockton mom is accused of abandoning her 2-year-old child in a park as he screamed her name.
Sylvia Perez is in jail. Her child is in a children’s shelter after she allegedly left him in a stroller in the middle of Caldwell Park and walked away.
Alert parents nearby called police when they heard the child’s screams and identified the mother when she walked out of the grocery store next door.
In his 17 years as an officer, Joe Silva calls this type of abandonment unheard of.
“I haven’t seen anything to this degree, in regards to a child at a park in broad daylight, next to a busy street,” Silva said.
Perez will be facing a judge before seeing her toddler again.