Stockton Mom Accused Of Abandoning Toddler In Caldwell Park
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A Stockton mom is accused of abandoning her 2-year-old child in a park as he screamed her name.
Sylvia Perez is in jail. Her child is in a children’s shelter after she allegedly left him in a stroller in the middle of Caldwell Park and walked away.
Alert parents nearby called police when they heard the child’s screams and identified the mother when she walked out of the grocery store next door.
In his 17 years as an officer, Joe Silva calls this type of abandonment unheard of.
“I haven’t seen anything to this degree, in regards to a child at a park in broad daylight, next to a busy street,” Silva said.
Perez will be facing a judge before seeing her toddler again.