Stockton Mom Accused Of Abandoning Toddler In Caldwell Park
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A Stockton mom is accused of abandoning her 2-year-old child in a park as he screamed her name.
Sylvia Perez is in jail. Her child is in a children’s shelter after she allegedly left him in a stroller in the middle of Caldwell Park and walked away.
Alert parents nearby called police when they heard the child’s screams and identified the mother when she walked out of the grocery store next door.
In his 17 years as an officer, Joe Silva calls this type of abandonment unheard of.
“I haven’t seen anything to this degree, in regards to a child at a park in broad daylight, next to a busy street,” Silva said.
Perez will be facing a judge before seeing her toddler again.