Stockton Mom Accused Of Abandoning Toddler In Caldwell Park
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A Stockton mom is accused of abandoning her 2-year-old child in a park as he screamed her name.
Sylvia Perez is in jail. Her child is in a children’s shelter after she allegedly left him in a stroller in the middle of Caldwell Park and walked away.
Alert parents nearby called police when they heard the child’s screams and identified the mother when she walked out of the grocery store next door.
In his 17 years as an officer, Joe Silva calls this type of abandonment unheard of.
“I haven’t seen anything to this degree, in regards to a child at a park in broad daylight, next to a busy street,” Silva said.
Perez will be facing a judge before seeing her toddler again.