Stockton Mom Accused Of Abandoning Toddler In Caldwell Park
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A Stockton mom is accused of abandoning her 2-year-old child in a park as he screamed her name.
Sylvia Perez is in jail. Her child is in a children’s shelter after she allegedly left him in a stroller in the middle of Caldwell Park and walked away.
Alert parents nearby called police when they heard the child’s screams and identified the mother when she walked out of the grocery store next door.
In his 17 years as an officer, Joe Silva calls this type of abandonment unheard of.
“I haven’t seen anything to this degree, in regards to a child at a park in broad daylight, next to a busy street,” Silva said.
Perez will be facing a judge before seeing her toddler again.