Sacramento Kings Introduce Peter D’Alessandro As New General Manager
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings introduced the team’s new general manager on Monday, with the NBA Draft ten days away.
Peter D’Alessandro says he’s looking forward to seeing who is available to the team with the No. 7 pick in June 27’s draft.
“I feel like we have a really good pick,” he said in an interview with CBS13. “There is going to be a player. We need to make sure we identify the right player.”
D’Alessandro’s analytic approach to the game is what set him apart from other candidates. As the man with a law degree and a math-first approach, he is tasked to help turn this franchise around.
But he warns it won’t come quickly.
“I do like the talent on this team,” he said. “I do think it’s there and I think in the second half of the season you saw a lot of that. With that said, I have a lot of work.”
With the hiring of D’Alessandro and head coach Mike Malone less than a month after acquiring the team, new owner Vivek Ranadive has added two more cornerstones to the rebuild.