Sacramento Kings Introduce Peter D’Alessandro As New General Manager
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings introduced the team’s new general manager on Monday, with the NBA Draft ten days away.
Peter D’Alessandro says he’s looking forward to seeing who is available to the team with the No. 7 pick in June 27’s draft.
“I feel like we have a really good pick,” he said in an interview with CBS13. “There is going to be a player. We need to make sure we identify the right player.”
D’Alessandro’s analytic approach to the game is what set him apart from other candidates. As the man with a law degree and a math-first approach, he is tasked to help turn this franchise around.
But he warns it won’t come quickly.
“I do like the talent on this team,” he said. “I do think it’s there and I think in the second half of the season you saw a lot of that. With that said, I have a lot of work.”
With the hiring of D’Alessandro and head coach Mike Malone less than a month after acquiring the team, new owner Vivek Ranadive has added two more cornerstones to the rebuild.