Sacramento Mother Accused Of Fatal DUI Makes Court Appearance
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento mom accused of driving under the influence in a crash that killed her son made an appearance in court on Tuesday.
An emotional Tyesha Garrett, 32, said little in court on Tuesday, only acknowledging to the judge that if she was able to make bail, she won’t be allowed to drink alcohol.
Police say Garrett is to blame for the accident on the onramp along Northgate and Interstate 80 that took the life of 11-year-old Eric Garrett.
Investigators say she was driving under the influence of alcohol while delivering newspapers to businesses on Sunday morning at the time of the crash.
Her driver’s license was not taken away and she will be back on court on June 25.