Manteca Teen’s Life-Saving Text Ends Days Of Rape, Torture
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – A suspect is now behind bars after a Manteca teen was reportedly held captive, tortured and raped for days.
Police arrested the girl’s former boyfriend — 20-year-old Derek Landry — for allegedly holding her at his home in the 400 block of Cowell Avenue.
The teen’s nightmare began when police say Landry pushed her to the ground and kicked her in the head. The teen told officers she was taken to the suspect’s home, where she was beaten and raped.
“That’s crazy,” neighbor Alicia Farmanian said. “Especially in Manteca, this is a family city.”
After four days, the teen somehow managed to send a text message to her mother. That’s when neighbors say the mom came to the house and the girl was able to escape as officers began investigating.
The suspect agreed to meet with detectives, and a short while later was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail on eight felony charges.
“It’s actually really scary. I’m not comfortable, totally. It’s that close to home. It’s not OK,” said Farmanian.
The teen was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Landry’s bail is set at $500,000.