Swimming Bunnies: Roseville Family Finds Long-Eared Surprise From Pets
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A Roseville family has found a unique way to keep their bunnies cool on the first day of summer: they take a swim in the backyard saltwater pool.
Meet Mister Hunter Chunker, Morgan, and Baby Bu-Buns, the Mellish family bunnies.
“They would rather be in the cold than the heat,” said Brenna Mellish.
So when it got up to a scorching 108 degrees a few weeks back.
“All the bunnies were back in their cage and it was getting pretty hot,” said Bryce Mellish.
Bryce and Brenna thought to give them a little dip in the saltwater pool and to their surprise:
“They just started swimming around,” said Brenna
Each finding their own bunny paddle style.
When they’re done with their summer swim sessions, they hop up on a raft and relax.
“As long as they want, but they get tired and stuff, so not very long swimming.” said Brenna.
You can bet with their newfound fun, these furry friends will be lounging poolside all summer.
The family also owns a dog. It hates the pool.