NBA Draft: Sacramento Kings Select Ben McLemore With No. 7 Pick
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
The Sacramento Kings have selected Ben McLemore with the No. 7 pick in the NBA draft.
McLemore averaged 15.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2 assists per game in the 2012-13 season with Kansas.
Anthony Bennett from UNLV was selected No. 1 by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Kings pick again in the second round with the 36th pick.
Miami Heat star LeBron James praised the Kings pick on Twitter. The former Cleveland Cavalier player said McLemore would be a good fit with Kings coach Mike Malone and assistant Chris Jent.
Malone was an assistant with Cleveland while James played there, and Jent was the director of player personnel for the Cavaliers from 2006 to 2008
Mike Malone and Chris Jent will be perfect for Ben McLemore. Love those 2 guys in Cleveland
— LeBron James (@KingJames) June 28, 2013