NBA Draft: Sacramento Kings Select Ben McLemore With No. 7 Pick
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
The Sacramento Kings have selected Ben McLemore with the No. 7 pick in the NBA draft.
McLemore averaged 15.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2 assists per game in the 2012-13 season with Kansas.
Anthony Bennett from UNLV was selected No. 1 by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Kings pick again in the second round with the 36th pick.
Miami Heat star LeBron James praised the Kings pick on Twitter. The former Cleveland Cavalier player said McLemore would be a good fit with Kings coach Mike Malone and assistant Chris Jent.
Malone was an assistant with Cleveland while James played there, and Jent was the director of player personnel for the Cavaliers from 2006 to 2008
Mike Malone and Chris Jent will be perfect for Ben McLemore. Love those 2 guys in Cleveland
— LeBron James (@KingJames) June 28, 2013