NBA Draft: Sacramento Kings Select Ben McLemore With No. 7 Pick
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
The Sacramento Kings have selected Ben McLemore with the No. 7 pick in the NBA draft.
McLemore averaged 15.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2 assists per game in the 2012-13 season with Kansas.
Anthony Bennett from UNLV was selected No. 1 by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Kings pick again in the second round with the 36th pick.
Miami Heat star LeBron James praised the Kings pick on Twitter. The former Cleveland Cavalier player said McLemore would be a good fit with Kings coach Mike Malone and assistant Chris Jent.
Malone was an assistant with Cleveland while James played there, and Jent was the director of player personnel for the Cavaliers from 2006 to 2008
Mike Malone and Chris Jent will be perfect for Ben McLemore. Love those 2 guys in Cleveland
— LeBron James (@KingJames) June 28, 2013