NBA Draft: Sacramento Kings Select Ben McLemore With No. 7 Pick
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
The Sacramento Kings have selected Ben McLemore with the No. 7 pick in the NBA draft.
McLemore averaged 15.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2 assists per game in the 2012-13 season with Kansas.
Anthony Bennett from UNLV was selected No. 1 by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Kings pick again in the second round with the 36th pick.
Miami Heat star LeBron James praised the Kings pick on Twitter. The former Cleveland Cavalier player said McLemore would be a good fit with Kings coach Mike Malone and assistant Chris Jent.
Malone was an assistant with Cleveland while James played there, and Jent was the director of player personnel for the Cavaliers from 2006 to 2008
Mike Malone and Chris Jent will be perfect for Ben McLemore. Love those 2 guys in Cleveland
— LeBron James (@KingJames) June 28, 2013