Calif. Woman Gets Life For Severing Husband’s Penis
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California woman who cut off her husband’s penis and threw it in a garbage disposal has been sentenced to life in prison with possibility of parole.
The Orange County district attorney’s office says Catherine Kieu was sentenced Friday for a July 2011 attack that mutilated her estranged spouse. Kieu, who’s 50, can seek parole in seven years.
The Garden Grove woman was convicted of torture and aggravated mayhem.
Prosecutors said Kieu drugged her husband’s tofu with sleeping pills and screamed “You deserve it!” before attacking him with a 10-inch kitchen knife.
Her lawyer argued that she had mental health problems stemming from childhood molestation and sexual abuse by her husband.
In an impact statement during sentencing, the victim said he’s been deprived of part of his life and identity.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.