Calif. Woman Gets Life For Severing Husband’s Penis
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California woman who cut off her husband’s penis and threw it in a garbage disposal has been sentenced to life in prison with possibility of parole.
The Orange County district attorney’s office says Catherine Kieu was sentenced Friday for a July 2011 attack that mutilated her estranged spouse. Kieu, who’s 50, can seek parole in seven years.
The Garden Grove woman was convicted of torture and aggravated mayhem.
Prosecutors said Kieu drugged her husband’s tofu with sleeping pills and screamed “You deserve it!” before attacking him with a 10-inch kitchen knife.
Her lawyer argued that she had mental health problems stemming from childhood molestation and sexual abuse by her husband.
In an impact statement during sentencing, the victim said he’s been deprived of part of his life and identity.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.