Blistering Temperatures Continue Into Workweek
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
The intense heat in Sacramento continues and doesn’t show any signs of backing down.
Temperatures topped out at 107 degree in Sacramento Saturday, breaking the old record of 106.
Sunday will have similar temperatures, but the start of the week will be even hotter. Monday will hit 109 and Tuesday will hit 110 in Sacramento.
This intense heat is all because of a large area of high pressure overhead. Air compresses and heats under high pressure, causing our already warm summer temperatures to hit blistering highs.
No relief is in sight for most of the week as the ridge of high pressure will not budge.
The only chance of cooler temperatures could come by next Saturday when temperatures fall into the upper 90s.
Be sure to stay out of the heat, drink lots of water and be sure to check on children and the elderly.