Blistering Temperatures Continue Into Workweek
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
The intense heat in Sacramento continues and doesn’t show any signs of backing down.
Temperatures topped out at 107 degree in Sacramento Saturday, breaking the old record of 106.
Sunday will have similar temperatures, but the start of the week will be even hotter. Monday will hit 109 and Tuesday will hit 110 in Sacramento.
This intense heat is all because of a large area of high pressure overhead. Air compresses and heats under high pressure, causing our already warm summer temperatures to hit blistering highs.
No relief is in sight for most of the week as the ridge of high pressure will not budge.
The only chance of cooler temperatures could come by next Saturday when temperatures fall into the upper 90s.
Be sure to stay out of the heat, drink lots of water and be sure to check on children and the elderly.