Blistering Temperatures Continue Into Workweek
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
The intense heat in Sacramento continues and doesn’t show any signs of backing down.
Temperatures topped out at 107 degree in Sacramento Saturday, breaking the old record of 106.
Sunday will have similar temperatures, but the start of the week will be even hotter. Monday will hit 109 and Tuesday will hit 110 in Sacramento.
This intense heat is all because of a large area of high pressure overhead. Air compresses and heats under high pressure, causing our already warm summer temperatures to hit blistering highs.
No relief is in sight for most of the week as the ridge of high pressure will not budge.
The only chance of cooler temperatures could come by next Saturday when temperatures fall into the upper 90s.
Be sure to stay out of the heat, drink lots of water and be sure to check on children and the elderly.