Drowning Victim’s Body Recovered From Lake Natoma
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – The body of a drowning victim was pulled from Lake Natoma early Saturday morning.
Around 1 a.m., crews recovered the man’s body, who went missing Friday night while swimming with a friend.
Metro Fire crews responded to the Sacramento State Aquatic Center on Hazel Avenue around 8:20 p.m. to reports of a near drowning. Responders found a man in his early 20s on the bank of Nimbus Flats, acting franticly.
Fire personnel say the two attempted to swim across a channel when the man went missing.
Crews searched for the victim on the surface of the water, beneath the water and overhead with a California Highway Patrol aircraft.
The man’s body was turned over to the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office for further investigation.
The victim’s name has not been released at this time.