Drowning Victim’s Body Recovered From Lake Natoma
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – The body of a drowning victim was pulled from Lake Natoma early Saturday morning.
Around 1 a.m., crews recovered the man’s body, who went missing Friday night while swimming with a friend.
Metro Fire crews responded to the Sacramento State Aquatic Center on Hazel Avenue around 8:20 p.m. to reports of a near drowning. Responders found a man in his early 20s on the bank of Nimbus Flats, acting franticly.
Fire personnel say the two attempted to swim across a channel when the man went missing.
Crews searched for the victim on the surface of the water, beneath the water and overhead with a California Highway Patrol aircraft.
The man’s body was turned over to the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office for further investigation.
The victim’s name has not been released at this time.