Drowning Victim’s Body Recovered From Lake Natoma
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – The body of a drowning victim was pulled from Lake Natoma early Saturday morning.
Around 1 a.m., crews recovered the man’s body, who went missing Friday night while swimming with a friend.
Metro Fire crews responded to the Sacramento State Aquatic Center on Hazel Avenue around 8:20 p.m. to reports of a near drowning. Responders found a man in his early 20s on the bank of Nimbus Flats, acting franticly.
Fire personnel say the two attempted to swim across a channel when the man went missing.
Crews searched for the victim on the surface of the water, beneath the water and overhead with a California Highway Patrol aircraft.
The man’s body was turned over to the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office for further investigation.
The victim’s name has not been released at this time.