UPDATED: Multiple Fire Agencies Searching For Man Following Ground Slide
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Rescue crews ended a search of the American River after the ground slid underneath a man walking along the river Saturday night.
Fire crews from Sacramento Metro Fire, the Sacramento Fire Department, and the Folsom Fire Department searched the waters for the man. The slide was reportedly about 20 to 30 feet wide and 5 to 6 feet deep.
Six witnesses reportedly saw the man fall into the water as a result of that slide.
Metro Fire units say both search crews and canines came up empty.