UPDATED: Multiple Fire Agencies Searching For Man Following Ground Slide
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Rescue crews ended a search of the American River after the ground slid underneath a man walking along the river Saturday night.
Fire crews from Sacramento Metro Fire, the Sacramento Fire Department, and the Folsom Fire Department searched the waters for the man. The slide was reportedly about 20 to 30 feet wide and 5 to 6 feet deep.
Six witnesses reportedly saw the man fall into the water as a result of that slide.
Metro Fire units say both search crews and canines came up empty.