UPDATED: Multiple Fire Agencies Searching For Man Following Ground Slide
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Rescue crews ended a search of the American River after the ground slid underneath a man walking along the river Saturday night.
Fire crews from Sacramento Metro Fire, the Sacramento Fire Department, and the Folsom Fire Department searched the waters for the man. The slide was reportedly about 20 to 30 feet wide and 5 to 6 feet deep.
Six witnesses reportedly saw the man fall into the water as a result of that slide.
Metro Fire units say both search crews and canines came up empty.