HEAT WAVE: Faulty Air Conditioner Leads To Stanislaus County’s First Fatailty
You might also like...
Get Breaking News First
STANISLAUS COUNTY (CBS13) — A 77-year-old man is Stanislaus County’s first victim of the heat wave, the sheriff’s department announced Wednesday.
Firefighters responded to a modular home at an undisclosed location on Tuesday and found the man unresponsive on the floor. Efforts were made to revive him, but he was declared dead at the hospital.
The air conditioner in his home was not working properly and instead of cooling the home, it was blowing out hot air at more than 100 degrees.
The coroner’s autopsy points at the heat being the culprit in his death.
Stanislaus County Health Officer John Walker reminded the public of the importance of checking on neighbors in this heat wave that is expected to break after the July 4 holiday.
“Being a good neighbor can help save a life,” he said.