Several People Injured In Accident At Nevada County Camp
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13/AP) – Five people were injured when a canoe that was converted into a gravity-powered car crashed at a Nevada City summer camp.
A Cal Fire spokesperson says the incident happened around noon at Camp Augusta, which is located about 4 miles north of Nevada City. Three of the injured people were taken by ambulance to area hospitals to be treated, while two others were taken by ground to the hospital.
According to the camp’s website, a camp involving youths ages 8-16 is under way.
Grass Valley Fire Battalion Chief Mark Buttron says he does not know exactly what led to the crash, but the non-motorized canoe was carrying the eight people and going downhill. It was overturned when crews arrived at the scene.
The age of the injured persons and the extent of their injuries is unknown.
Check back soon for more information on this developing story.