Former El Dorado County Sergeant Arrested On Child Pornography Charges
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) — A former El Dorado County sergeant is facing child pornography charges.
He spent 25 years working at the department, but now his fellow officers are investigating Ret. Sgt William Wilson.
CBS13 has learned the sheriff’s department started looking into possible inappropriate activity in January, placing Wilson on administrative leave. During the course of the investigation, Wilson retired.
A source tells CBS13 child pornography was allegedly found on the former sergeant’s work and home computers.
The 51-year-old turned himself in to the El Dorado County Jail, where he was booked on misdemeanor child porn possession charges.
Wilson is out on bail, but wasn’t at his last-known address. His now-former neighbor says he abruptly moved out a few days ago without a word. And that’s the last she’s seen of him.
After hearing of the charges he’s facing, she’s glad he’s gone.
“I’m really surprised. He didn’t seem like that type of guy whatsoever,” Sheila Teague said. “It’s weird, because we’ve been here for a little while and I have two little girls.”
He’s scheduled to be arraigned in El Dorado County Court on Tuesday.