Former El Dorado County Sergeant Arrested On Child Pornography Charges
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) — A former El Dorado County sergeant is facing child pornography charges.
He spent 25 years working at the department, but now his fellow officers are investigating Ret. Sgt William Wilson.
CBS13 has learned the sheriff’s department started looking into possible inappropriate activity in January, placing Wilson on administrative leave. During the course of the investigation, Wilson retired.
A source tells CBS13 child pornography was allegedly found on the former sergeant’s work and home computers.
The 51-year-old turned himself in to the El Dorado County Jail, where he was booked on misdemeanor child porn possession charges.
Wilson is out on bail, but wasn’t at his last-known address. His now-former neighbor says he abruptly moved out a few days ago without a word. And that’s the last she’s seen of him.
After hearing of the charges he’s facing, she’s glad he’s gone.
“I’m really surprised. He didn’t seem like that type of guy whatsoever,” Sheila Teague said. “It’s weird, because we’ve been here for a little while and I have two little girls.”
He’s scheduled to be arraigned in El Dorado County Court on Tuesday.