Couple Accused Of Davis Flashing Are State Employees
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) — A couple accused of working together to flash juveniles in Davis are both state employees.
Wenyi Xu is accused of wearing nothing but a jacket and a smile and opening both for juveniles riding on a bike trail, while Nicholas Bowen recorded the whole thing.
According to a spokesman, Xu is a research analyst for the state Department of Health Services, while Bowen is a manager in the Health Information and Strategic Planning Division.
Neighbors say Xu seemed to love her privacy.
“I don’t see how much at all. I see the older couple that I think owns the house, which I assume to be the parents,” said Susie Lawson.
“I had never met her, I met who I thought was her husband,” said Brad Dommer.
Xu is out on bail. Her mother said the 30-year-old wasn’t home when CBS13 came by. She also said she doesn’t recognize the alleged accomplice, Bowen.
One of Bowen’s coworkers didn’t want his face shown, but he couldn’t hide his disbelief.
“Shocking. He’s a nice guy. I wouldn’t expect it, but everyone has their quirks and it’s usually the nice guys with something to hide.”
The state says both were scheduled for an off-day Wednesday, when the alleged incident happened.
Bowen has worked for public health since January of 2012. Xu has worked with health services since January 2008.
The state wouldn’t say if the pair would be suspended or fired.