Mutilated Kitten Found In Roseville With Clipped Ears, Singed Whiskers
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A kitten found mutilated and abandoned on a Roseville street is now in the care of the Placer SPCA.
Animal Control brought him to the SPCA after he was found with his ears clipped and whiskers singed.
Officials say he’s just a few weeks old and still fighting for his life.
“I think it’s unimaginable,” said Leilani Fratis at the shelter.
His name is Van, after the post-impressionist artist Vincent Van Gogh.
“A good Samaritan found him in the bushes.”
He was found near the intersection of Cirby and Vernon in Roseville and taken to a local vet. That vet noticed Van’s ears had also been glued, and he had been tortured.
“I can’t imagine cutting off one ear. And while this kitten screamed and bled and then cut off the second ear? Really?”
Studies show that people who kill animals sometimes graduate to more gruesome crimes.
“We’re talking about somebody who may be unsafe to people also.”
He’s recovering at the SPCA and they say there is a reward to find whoever did it.
Roseville Crime Alert is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the suspect.