Hillary Clinton Still Popular In California
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A new Field Poll finds strong support for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton among California voters as she considers whether to seek the Democratic nomination for president in 2016.
The survey released Thursday says Clinton’s popularity in the state is as high as it’s ever been, with 56 percent saying they have a positive opinion of her and 30 percent with an unfavorable opinion.
Field says Clinton’s support comes from virtually all demographic subgroups, although Republicans still view her more negatively than positively.
Respondents were not asked whether they would vote for her in a presidential contest.
The survey is based on telephone interviews with 846 registered voters from June 26 to July 21 and has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.