Hillary Clinton Still Popular In California
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A new Field Poll finds strong support for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton among California voters as she considers whether to seek the Democratic nomination for president in 2016.
The survey released Thursday says Clinton’s popularity in the state is as high as it’s ever been, with 56 percent saying they have a positive opinion of her and 30 percent with an unfavorable opinion.
Field says Clinton’s support comes from virtually all demographic subgroups, although Republicans still view her more negatively than positively.
Respondents were not asked whether they would vote for her in a presidential contest.
The survey is based on telephone interviews with 846 registered voters from June 26 to July 21 and has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.