Police: Relationship Between Mother, Driver Of Stolen Car Unclear
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Sacramento Police have identified the man under arrest for child endangerment after leading police on a short chase on Friday.
Police say Matthew McGee, 23, was driving a stolen car with a woman and her two children inside, but don’t know what connection he has to the woman.
The two children injured in the crash were 2 and 6 years old. The toddler was in a booster seat when he should have been in a car seat by state law. The 6-year-old wasn’t restrained.
Police say they ran across the car, a popular model for car thieves, and ran its plates. When McGee saw the officer behind him, he sped off, initiating a short chase that ended with him crashing the car and taking off on foot where and was later arrested.
The relationship between McGee and the mother isn’t clear. The mother is married to another man and says she didn’t know who McGee was. She said McGee picked her up to give her a ride back to Rio Linda.
She sustained neck injuries in the crash. All three of McGee’s passengers were sent to the hospital.