Goodwill Grenade: Donation Box Had Potentially Explosive Surprise Inside
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — Several businesses in Citrus Heights were evacuated on Monday when a grenade was found inside a box of goods donated to a Goodwill store.
The box was donated to the Goodwill store and donation center on the 7100 block of Auburn Boulevard.
The store wasn’t evacuated because the grenade had been taken outside. However, several other buildings in the area were evacuated.
An explosives team took the grenade away from the scene, saying it looked like it was fully intact.