Leila Fowler Murder Investigation Timeline
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
VALLEY SPRINGS (CBS13) — The brother of 8-year-old Leila Fowler pleaded not guilty in her stabbing death on Wednesday. Isaiah Fowler, 12, faces a second-degree murder charge with a special allegation for use of a dangerous weapon.
His next court date is scheduled for July 31.
Here is a timeline of events leading from her April 27 death to now.
APRIL 27: Killed 8-Year-Old Calaveras County Girl Identified
Calaveras County investigators started the search for a suspect described as a tall, white or Hispanic male with long gray hair. That description was based on Leila Fowler’s brother’s description and a woman who said she saw the man running out of the building.
APRIL 29: Police: Leila Fowler’s Murder Was Deliberate
Calaveras County investigators say Leila Fowler’s death does not appear to have stemmed from a botched robbery, but appears to have been a deliberate targeted action. They added the vague description of the suspect was all that they had and no leads on who the mystery man was.
APRIL 30: Candlelight Vigil Offers Leila Fowler’s Mother A Chance To Speak
The family holds a candlelight vigil remembering the slain girl.