Leila Fowler Murder Investigation Timeline
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
VALLEY SPRINGS (CBS13) — The brother of 8-year-old Leila Fowler pleaded not guilty in her stabbing death on Wednesday. Isaiah Fowler, 12, faces a second-degree murder charge with a special allegation for use of a dangerous weapon.
His next court date is scheduled for July 31.
Here is a timeline of events leading from her April 27 death to now.
APRIL 27: Killed 8-Year-Old Calaveras County Girl Identified
Calaveras County investigators started the search for a suspect described as a tall, white or Hispanic male with long gray hair. That description was based on Leila Fowler’s brother’s description and a woman who said she saw the man running out of the building.
APRIL 29: Police: Leila Fowler’s Murder Was Deliberate
Calaveras County investigators say Leila Fowler’s death does not appear to have stemmed from a botched robbery, but appears to have been a deliberate targeted action. They added the vague description of the suspect was all that they had and no leads on who the mystery man was.
APRIL 30: Candlelight Vigil Offers Leila Fowler’s Mother A Chance To Speak
The family holds a candlelight vigil remembering the slain girl.