Leila Fowler Murder Investigation Timeline (page 3)
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
MAY 5: Retired FBI Profiler Believes Killer Knew Leila Fowler
CBS13 speaks with a former FBI profiler, Candice Delong who says the killing likely wasn’t random.
“Did someone come from far across town, stop their car and randomly go into a house and kill that young girl? Probably not,” she said.
MAY 7: Family, Friends Say Goodbye To Leila Fowler As Neighbors Seek Security
A funeral for Leila Fowler is held with overflowing support and attendance from the community. The family asks media to give them distance and not record the event.
Meanwhile, investigators continue their search around a pond. Concerned neighbors invest in security systems to protect them from a crime like the one that took Leila Fowler’s life.
MAY 10: Leila Fowler’s Mom Says Not Finding Killer Makes Her Loss Worse
In a CBS13 exclusive, Leila and Isaiah Fowler’s mother shares her grief two days before Mother’s Day. During the interview, Priscilla Rodriquez mentions how much Isaiah is struggling in the weeks following his sister’s death.
“I know he needs his mommy, just like I need him,” she said.