Leila Fowler Murder Investigation Timeline (page 3)
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
MAY 5: Retired FBI Profiler Believes Killer Knew Leila Fowler
CBS13 speaks with a former FBI profiler, Candice Delong who says the killing likely wasn’t random.
“Did someone come from far across town, stop their car and randomly go into a house and kill that young girl? Probably not,” she said.
MAY 7: Family, Friends Say Goodbye To Leila Fowler As Neighbors Seek Security
A funeral for Leila Fowler is held with overflowing support and attendance from the community. The family asks media to give them distance and not record the event.
Meanwhile, investigators continue their search around a pond. Concerned neighbors invest in security systems to protect them from a crime like the one that took Leila Fowler’s life.
MAY 10: Leila Fowler’s Mom Says Not Finding Killer Makes Her Loss Worse
In a CBS13 exclusive, Leila and Isaiah Fowler’s mother shares her grief two days before Mother’s Day. During the interview, Priscilla Rodriquez mentions how much Isaiah is struggling in the weeks following his sister’s death.
“I know he needs his mommy, just like I need him,” she said.