Leila Fowler Murder Investigation Timeline (page 5)
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
LEADUP TO THE TRIAL
MAY 13: Defense Attorney Advises Leila Fowler’s Family To Find Legal Counsel
Defense attorney Mark Reichel strongly advises the family gets a lawyer during an interview with CBS13’s Ron Jones. Around the time the interview aired, the family retained his services as legal counsel.
MAY 13: Child Therapist Believes Leila Fowler Killing Was Not Premeditated
During a CBS13 interview, child therapist Leslie Whitten Baughman says the alleged attack on Leila Fowler by her brother was likely not a premeditated action.
MAY 14: Leila Fowler 911 Tapes Released As Brother Charged With Second-Degree Murder
911 calls from Leila Fowler’s mother are released on the same day Isaiah Fowler is charged with second-degree murder. The lesser charge likely means investigators don’t believe the 12-year-old planned to kill his sister.
MAY 29: Leila Fowler’s Brother Pleads Not Guilty in Her Stabbing
Two weeks after he was charged, Isaiah Fowler only said one word during his appearance and entered a plea of not guilty. His next court date is scheduled for July 31 to set a trial date.