Manteca Family’s Breakfast Interrupted By Fugitive On The Run
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
MANTECA (CBS13) — A family’s breakfast was interrupted when a fugitive on the run from cops entered their home.
Standing in her kitchen, Tina Mattes came face-to-face with a wanted man on the run.
“He was in the house standing there, and he just looked at me and said, ‘Can you do me a favor?’”
She screamed for her husband, and the fugitive took off out the back door, then over the fence.
“He was really nonchalant. He didn’t seem out of breath. He wasn’t sweating. He had a hoodie on, just kind of calm.”
Her 8-year-old son, Nicolas was scared for his mom.
“I was scared. As soon as I heard my mom screaming, I was like ‘Are you OK, Mom.’”
The family was unharmed, but police say neighbors in a nearby unit weren’t so lucky.
Officers say the suspect ran inside another unit and pushed two women before jumping out of a window.
The chase ended when a K-9 officer tracked the suspect hiding behind an apartment.
Tina can’t help but wonder if she could have stopped the suspect in his tracks
“I wish I would have punched him in the face, honestly. I wish I would have attacked him, thought smarter, maybe trapped him in my room.”