Police: Fairfield Man Drowns Pit Bull Near Civic Center, Doesn’t Know Why He Did It
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) —A man intentionally drowned his father’s dog in the pond at Fairfield’s Civic Center—and he doesn’t know why he did it, Fairfield Police say.
Witnesses reported seeing a man carrying a medium-sized dog into a pond at the civic center and dunking it into the water until it didn’t come back up for air.
The dog was described as a brown female pit bull with a chain around its neck. She was retrieved from the water by officers on a small boat.
Bryan Cavanah, 21, of Fairfield admitted to drowning the dog, though he said he didn’t know why he did it.
Cavanah was arrested for felony cruelty to an animal and violation on probation. He is on probation currently through Solano County for assault with a deadly weapon.