Trailer Hauling Tomatoes Overturns In Dixon
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – A Dixon road was left slippery after a tomato truck spilled its load this morning.
The incident happened on Tuesday morning on Pedrick Road near Interstate 80. The driver of the big rig says he was taking the 27,000-pound load to the Campbell’s distribution plant in Dixon, and was only a few hundred yards away from the facility when two cars in the oncoming lane swerved, cut him off and caused him to swerve as well, overturning the trailer.
A crew arrived and swept the tomatoes to the sides of the road.
The cars that caused the spill kept driving toward the freeway.
A road sweeper was requested to come and clean up the road.