Trailer Hauling Tomatoes Overturns In Dixon
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
DIXON (CBS13) – A Dixon road was left slippery after a tomato truck spilled its load this morning.
The incident happened on Tuesday morning on Pedrick Road near Interstate 80. The driver of the big rig says he was taking the 27,000-pound load to the Campbell’s distribution plant in Dixon, and was only a few hundred yards away from the facility when two cars in the oncoming lane swerved, cut him off and caused him to swerve as well, overturning the trailer.
A crew arrived and swept the tomatoes to the sides of the road.
The cars that caused the spill kept driving toward the freeway.
A road sweeper was requested to come and clean up the road.