Trailer Hauling Tomatoes Overturns In Dixon
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – A Dixon road was left slippery after a tomato truck spilled its load this morning.
The incident happened on Tuesday morning on Pedrick Road near Interstate 80. The driver of the big rig says he was taking the 27,000-pound load to the Campbell’s distribution plant in Dixon, and was only a few hundred yards away from the facility when two cars in the oncoming lane swerved, cut him off and caused him to swerve as well, overturning the trailer.
A crew arrived and swept the tomatoes to the sides of the road.
The cars that caused the spill kept driving toward the freeway.
A road sweeper was requested to come and clean up the road.