Comedian Katt Williams Sentenced To 1 Year Probation For Hitting Woodland Target Employee
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
He was sentenced to 1 year of informal probation and was ordered to stay away from the Woodland Target. In addition, he was hit with a 10-year firearms prohibition and a $200 fine.
Video of the Nov. 25 incident that was featured on TMZ showed him attacking a 19-year-old security worker at the store after Williams tried to buy the worker’s motorcycle helmet.
“He approached me, the argument got escalated, and that’s when he hit me,” Forrest Liebenberg said.
A hit that he says caused his face to swell, but then Forrest suffered another hit just a few hours after the video was posted on YouTube. Forrest was fired, he says with no explanation.
It was part of a string of odd behavior for Williams at the time. There was a bizarre attack on a heckler during a show in Oakland, then a police chase in Sacramento on Nov. 25 that happened right after this confrontation and an arrest in Seattle on Dec. 2.
Williams gave a long, rambling interview defending his actions in Woodland to a Seattle news station shortly after the incident in Seattle.