Man Injured In I-5 Crash Overnight
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A man is waking up in the hospital after he smashed his vehicle into a big rig in Elk Grove overnight.
The crash happened on Interstate 5 near Elk Grove Boulevard.
Witnesses tell officers the car was driving fast in the northbound lanes before the crash. A CHP spokesperson says the driver got out of the car and tried to run away, but didn’t get far because of his injuries.
An officer allegedly found alcohol in the man’s car, but officers haven’t said whether the man had alcohol in his system.
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Get updated traffic conditions on our traffic page.