Man Injured In I-5 Crash Overnight
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A man is waking up in the hospital after he smashed his vehicle into a big rig in Elk Grove overnight.
The crash happened on Interstate 5 near Elk Grove Boulevard.
Witnesses tell officers the car was driving fast in the northbound lanes before the crash. A CHP spokesperson says the driver got out of the car and tried to run away, but didn’t get far because of his injuries.
An officer allegedly found alcohol in the man’s car, but officers haven’t said whether the man had alcohol in his system.
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Get updated traffic conditions on our traffic page.