Man Injured In I-5 Crash Overnight
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A man is waking up in the hospital after he smashed his vehicle into a big rig in Elk Grove overnight.
The crash happened on Interstate 5 near Elk Grove Boulevard.
Witnesses tell officers the car was driving fast in the northbound lanes before the crash. A CHP spokesperson says the driver got out of the car and tried to run away, but didn’t get far because of his injuries.
An officer allegedly found alcohol in the man’s car, but officers haven’t said whether the man had alcohol in his system.
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Get updated traffic conditions on our traffic page.