Man Injured In I-5 Crash Overnight
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A man is waking up in the hospital after he smashed his vehicle into a big rig in Elk Grove overnight.
The crash happened on Interstate 5 near Elk Grove Boulevard.
Witnesses tell officers the car was driving fast in the northbound lanes before the crash. A CHP spokesperson says the driver got out of the car and tried to run away, but didn’t get far because of his injuries.
An officer allegedly found alcohol in the man’s car, but officers haven’t said whether the man had alcohol in his system.
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Get updated traffic conditions on our traffic page.