Man Injured In I-5 Crash Overnight
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A man is waking up in the hospital after he smashed his vehicle into a big rig in Elk Grove overnight.
The crash happened on Interstate 5 near Elk Grove Boulevard.
Witnesses tell officers the car was driving fast in the northbound lanes before the crash. A CHP spokesperson says the driver got out of the car and tried to run away, but didn’t get far because of his injuries.
An officer allegedly found alcohol in the man’s car, but officers haven’t said whether the man had alcohol in his system.
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Get updated traffic conditions on our traffic page.