Events Canceled As CA Wildfires Send Smoke To NV
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
RENO, Nev. (AP) — Dense smoke from major California wildfires continues to pour into the Reno area, causing event cancellations to mount and local health officials to expand pollution warnings into Tuesday.
Among the latest weekend events scrubbed were a fund-raising outdoor concert for cancer patients in Carson City, an outdoor family concert and a star-gazing party in the Minden area, and a Nevada-USF women’s soccer game in Reno.
Care Flight air ambulance spokeswoman Temple Fletcher says the poor visibility also has prevented the Reno-based service from responding to some emergency calls across the region in the last couple of days.
The Washoe County Health District says the air quality index remained in the “unhealthy” range around Reno as it hit the 158 mark mid-Saturday afternoon, down from 200 on Friday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.