Motive Unclear In Fatal Orangevale Apartment Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – Sacramento deputies are investigating an early morning shooting at an Orangevale apartment complex that left a 19-year-old dead and another man injured.
At around 12:45 a.m. Saturday, deputies from the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department responded to the apartment complex in the 6200 block of Hazel Avenue.
Investigators say the two male victims were sitting at an upstairs landing when they were approached by two men wearing dark clothing. One of the suspects opened fire before the two fled the scene on foot.
The surviving victim and another person attempted to help the 19-year-old, but were unsuccessful. Responding paramedics would later pronounce him dead at the scene.
The other victim who was also shot is expected to recover.
Detectives are still working to establish a motive.
Anyone with information pertaining to this crime is asked to contact the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115. Tip information may also be left anonymously at http://www.sacsheriff.com by entering the keyword ‘SSD’, or by calling (916) 874-TIPS (8477).