Motive Unclear In Fatal Orangevale Apartment Shooting
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – Sacramento deputies are investigating an early morning shooting at an Orangevale apartment complex that left a 19-year-old dead and another man injured.
At around 12:45 a.m. Saturday, deputies from the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department responded to the apartment complex in the 6200 block of Hazel Avenue.
Investigators say the two male victims were sitting at an upstairs landing when they were approached by two men wearing dark clothing. One of the suspects opened fire before the two fled the scene on foot.
The surviving victim and another person attempted to help the 19-year-old, but were unsuccessful. Responding paramedics would later pronounce him dead at the scene.
The other victim who was also shot is expected to recover.
Detectives are still working to establish a motive.
Anyone with information pertaining to this crime is asked to contact the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115. Tip information may also be left anonymously at http://www.sacsheriff.com by entering the keyword ‘SSD’, or by calling (916) 874-TIPS (8477).