AECOM Announced As Architect Of New Kings Arena
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The construction team for the downtown arena project has been announced, and the architect comes with a pretty impressive resume.
AECOM is the L.A.-based architectural firm that will be designing the new downtown arena.
You may or may not have heard of AECOM, but you’ve probably seen some of their work. They’ve already designed 11 NBA arenas, including Time Warner Arena, FedEx Forum, Aggie Stadium at UC Davis, the London 2012 Olympic Park, and they are working on the 2016 Olympic venues in Rio.
AECOM hopes to have preliminary designs for the new downtown arena ready by the fall.
“It will be environmentally sustainable. It will be the most technologically advanced building in the league. And perhaps like Sleep Train, we want to make sure that it provides us with the greatest home court advantage in sports,” said Chris Granger, Sacramento Kings team president.
Granger says they hope to break ground by August or September of 2014.