AECOM Announced As Architect Of New Kings Arena
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The construction team for the downtown arena project has been announced, and the architect comes with a pretty impressive resume.
AECOM is the L.A.-based architectural firm that will be designing the new downtown arena.
You may or may not have heard of AECOM, but you’ve probably seen some of their work. They’ve already designed 11 NBA arenas, including Time Warner Arena, FedEx Forum, Aggie Stadium at UC Davis, the London 2012 Olympic Park, and they are working on the 2016 Olympic venues in Rio.
AECOM hopes to have preliminary designs for the new downtown arena ready by the fall.
“It will be environmentally sustainable. It will be the most technologically advanced building in the league. And perhaps like Sleep Train, we want to make sure that it provides us with the greatest home court advantage in sports,” said Chris Granger, Sacramento Kings team president.
Granger says they hope to break ground by August or September of 2014.