AECOM Announced As Architect Of New Kings Arena
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The construction team for the downtown arena project has been announced, and the architect comes with a pretty impressive resume.
AECOM is the L.A.-based architectural firm that will be designing the new downtown arena.
You may or may not have heard of AECOM, but you’ve probably seen some of their work. They’ve already designed 11 NBA arenas, including Time Warner Arena, FedEx Forum, Aggie Stadium at UC Davis, the London 2012 Olympic Park, and they are working on the 2016 Olympic venues in Rio.
AECOM hopes to have preliminary designs for the new downtown arena ready by the fall.
“It will be environmentally sustainable. It will be the most technologically advanced building in the league. And perhaps like Sleep Train, we want to make sure that it provides us with the greatest home court advantage in sports,” said Chris Granger, Sacramento Kings team president.
Granger says they hope to break ground by August or September of 2014.