AECOM Announced As Architect Of New Kings Arena
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The construction team for the downtown arena project has been announced, and the architect comes with a pretty impressive resume.
AECOM is the L.A.-based architectural firm that will be designing the new downtown arena.
You may or may not have heard of AECOM, but you’ve probably seen some of their work. They’ve already designed 11 NBA arenas, including Time Warner Arena, FedEx Forum, Aggie Stadium at UC Davis, the London 2012 Olympic Park, and they are working on the 2016 Olympic venues in Rio.
AECOM hopes to have preliminary designs for the new downtown arena ready by the fall.
“It will be environmentally sustainable. It will be the most technologically advanced building in the league. And perhaps like Sleep Train, we want to make sure that it provides us with the greatest home court advantage in sports,” said Chris Granger, Sacramento Kings team president.
Granger says they hope to break ground by August or September of 2014.