Rocklin High Unveils Massive Scoreboard For Friday Night Football
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ROCKLIN (CBS13) — A brand-new, massive scoreboard is set to light up Friday night high school football in Rocklin.
They are the Rocklin Thunder, and they’re a loud bunch. But now the Thunder will be playing with new lighting.
“I think its gonna be fun and add to the atmosphere,” said a student.
State-of-the-art lighting from and LED video scoreboard is part of the biggest high school video scoreboard in the region.
The starting quarterback likes it.
“That’s crazy to think our small town of Rocklin could get such a big thing happen for us,” said Logan Webb, a Rocklin High quarterback.
Just like the college and pros, this video scoreboard will add a whole new dimension to Friday night football. Highlights, replays, and of course, advertisements will target all those moms and dads in the stands.
But there a catch. The school’s athletic director will sell spots that will air during the games.
“It will be a revenue generator, and that’s the way we looked at it. That money will go to our athletic programs, and to technology for our schools,” said Dave Stewart, Rocklin High athletic director.
The game on the field will lead to money in the classroom. No matter what the score, the scoreboard is already making Rocklin a winner. Thirty local businesses have already paid for commercials.
The players want to look big since they’ll be on the big screen. Their first game is Friday against Pleasant Grove. Kickoff is at 7:15.