State Worker Convicted Of Embezzlement Hired By High-Speed Rail Authority
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman who embezzled $320,000 from the California Department of Child Support Services was later hired by the state’s High-Speed Rail Authority.
Carey Moore spent two years in prison for stealing the money in 2007 before applying for the rail position in 2011.
She said the authority never asked about a criminal past when she was hired to make travel plans for officials.
She was fired after the authority noticed her wages were being garnished for restitution.