State Worker Convicted Of Embezzlement Hired By High-Speed Rail Authority
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman who embezzled $320,000 from the California Department of Child Support Services was later hired by the state’s High-Speed Rail Authority.
Carey Moore spent two years in prison for stealing the money in 2007 before applying for the rail position in 2011.
She said the authority never asked about a criminal past when she was hired to make travel plans for officials.
She was fired after the authority noticed her wages were being garnished for restitution.