State Worker Convicted Of Embezzlement Hired By High-Speed Rail Authority
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman who embezzled $320,000 from the California Department of Child Support Services was later hired by the state’s High-Speed Rail Authority.
Carey Moore spent two years in prison for stealing the money in 2007 before applying for the rail position in 2011.
She said the authority never asked about a criminal past when she was hired to make travel plans for officials.
She was fired after the authority noticed her wages were being garnished for restitution.