Fan Falls, Dies At 49ers-Packers Game In SF
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A football fan fell from an elevated pedestrian walkway and died at San Francisco’s Candlestick Park during the 49ers-Green Bay Packers game.
San Francisco police spokesman Gordon Shyy (SHY) says multiple people witnessed the man’s fall onto a sidewalk from the Jamestown walkway, which goes around Candlestick.
According to police, witnesses say the man appeared intoxicated when he fell just after kickoff at about 1:30 p.m. Sunday in the 49ers’ 34-28 win over the Packers. Off-duty medics and police officers gave him first aid until an ambulance arrived, but the man was declared dead from his injuries.
Shyy says the man who appeared to be in his 30s suffered serious injuries. It was not immediately clear how many feet he had fallen.
His identity is being withheld until the medical examiner notifies his family.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.