DIXON (CBS13) – Firefighters are closely monitoring a hay fire at a dairy ranch in Dixon.

The fire burned a 100-bale stack at Double G Dairy.

Firefighters think the fire was started when a nearby compost pile spontaneously caught fire and spread to the hay.

None of the 900 cows housed in a nearby barn have been injured.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s