West Sacramento Man Beaten With Pool Cue During Home Invasion
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A homeowner was left beaten after two men broke into the West Sacramento residence overnight, say police.
The man was beaten with a pool cue, investigators say, when two African-American men broke into the residence in the 3600 block of Cooper Island Road. Around 2:30 a.m., the suspects entered through a back door, which the homeowners left open to allow the cool breeze to come through the house.
Investigators say the man was asleep in the living room sofa during the attack, and then was bound with zip ties. The man’s sister then came after hearing the commotion. She was also bound, but was not injured.
“I had to look up on my GPS to find out where this place was,” said Lt. Tod Sockman. “This is a very quiet neighborhood. There are hardly any calls for service out here. So it is an isolated, and seems like random, incident; but, we don’t know at this time.”
The suspects stole an unknown amount of cash before fleeing the scene.
Police say the male victim is recovering from minor injuries at a nearby hospital.
Anyone with any information regarding this crime is urged to call the West Sacramento Police Department’s Investigations Division at (916) 617-4915.