UPDATED: Woman Sexually Assaulted Along Watt Avenue While Walking To Work
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – One lane of northbound Watt Avenue near Business 80 was closed on Thursday morning due to a sexual assault investigation.
The victim says she was walking to work along the road when she was grabbed by the attacker, pulled down a nearby embankment and sexually assaulted, according to a sheriff’s spokesman.
The woman was taken to the hospital to be treated.
Sheriff’s department investigators are following up on leads and searching the area and gathering evidence.
“It looks dark out here. I mean it’s a pretty active street all day long and all night long, so who knows,” said Sgt. Chris Guerrero, with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The suspect is described as a black adult male between 20 to 30 years old. He is clean-shaven, weighs between 180 to 200 pounds, and stands at about 5 feet 8 inches. He was last seen wearing a black leather jacket, dark-colored jeans, and dark-colored boots.
Authorities say the attack was not related to a nearby homeless camp.