UPDATED: Woman Sexually Assaulted Along Watt Avenue While Walking To Work
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – One lane of northbound Watt Avenue near Business 80 was closed on Thursday morning due to a sexual assault investigation.
The victim says she was walking to work along the road when she was grabbed by the attacker, pulled down a nearby embankment and sexually assaulted, according to a sheriff’s spokesman.
The woman was taken to the hospital to be treated.
Sheriff’s department investigators are following up on leads and searching the area and gathering evidence.
“It looks dark out here. I mean it’s a pretty active street all day long and all night long, so who knows,” said Sgt. Chris Guerrero, with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The suspect is described as a black adult male between 20 to 30 years old. He is clean-shaven, weighs between 180 to 200 pounds, and stands at about 5 feet 8 inches. He was last seen wearing a black leather jacket, dark-colored jeans, and dark-colored boots.
Authorities say the attack was not related to a nearby homeless camp.