Sacramento Kings Owners Tease Indoor-Outdoor Arena Idea
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Tuesday’s announcement of Shaquille O’Neal joining the Sacramento Kings’ ownership wasn’t the only big news—there was also a tease to the grand plans owners have in store for a new arena.
“It’s like the stuff you see in movies. It really is,” O’Neal said.
If these guys can build an arena as well as they can promote it, prepare to be impressed.
“You’ll have to wait and see the plans,” said owner Vivek Ranadive. “There is no such arena that has ever been built.”
The big idea is an arena that will function as both indoor and outdoor.
“I know it sounds funny, but once you see the plans—it’s crazy,” O’Neal said.
It sounds like the kind of thing you need to see to believe.
There aren’t any pictures yet, but it draws some inspiration from the Barclays Center. The Brooklyn Nets’ new arena has a swooping exterior creating a massive awning with glass windows that allow the public to peer onto the court.
AECOM helped design that arena, and they’re the architects that have been hired by the new Kings owners.
- Welcome To Shaqramento: Shaq Introduced As Sacramento Kings Minority Owner (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Shaq Makes Nice With Sacramento As New Kings Minority Owner (sacramento.cbslocal.com)