Coroner Identifies Girl Found In Trunk Of Mother’s Car
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office has released the identity of the 5-year-old Davis girl who died after being found in the trunk of her mother’s car.
Police say Tatianna Garcia died on her way to the hospital after officers found her on Thursday unresponsive in the vehicle.
Garcia’s mother, Aquelin Talamantes, 29, of Davis is accused of murder in the case and will be booked into the Yolo County Jail.
Sacramento Police were alerted to the situation by relatives of Talamantes after the woman arrived at a family member’s Sacramento apartment on Pocket Road without her daughter.
Police say whatever happened to Garcia originated at Talamantes’ Davis apartment on Glide Avenue.
“It’s so sad, it’s just horrible. I just can’t imagine even thinking of anybody even thinking of doing that,” said Rebecca Sewell, who lives near the family member’s apartment.
Davis police are now the lead investigators in the case.