Coroner Identifies Girl Found In Trunk Of Mother’s Car
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office has released the identity of the 5-year-old Davis girl who died after being found in the trunk of her mother’s car.
Police say Tatianna Garcia died on her way to the hospital after officers found her on Thursday unresponsive in the vehicle.
Garcia’s mother, Aquelin Talamantes, 29, of Davis is accused of murder in the case and will be booked into the Yolo County Jail.
Sacramento Police were alerted to the situation by relatives of Talamantes after the woman arrived at a family member’s Sacramento apartment on Pocket Road without her daughter.
Police say whatever happened to Garcia originated at Talamantes’ Davis apartment on Glide Avenue.
“It’s so sad, it’s just horrible. I just can’t imagine even thinking of anybody even thinking of doing that,” said Rebecca Sewell, who lives near the family member’s apartment.
Davis police are now the lead investigators in the case.