Coroner Identifies Girl Found In Trunk Of Mother’s Car
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office has released the identity of the 5-year-old Davis girl who died after being found in the trunk of her mother’s car.
Police say Tatianna Garcia died on her way to the hospital after officers found her on Thursday unresponsive in the vehicle.
Garcia’s mother, Aquelin Talamantes, 29, of Davis is accused of murder in the case and will be booked into the Yolo County Jail.
Sacramento Police were alerted to the situation by relatives of Talamantes after the woman arrived at a family member’s Sacramento apartment on Pocket Road without her daughter.
Police say whatever happened to Garcia originated at Talamantes’ Davis apartment on Glide Avenue.
“It’s so sad, it’s just horrible. I just can’t imagine even thinking of anybody even thinking of doing that,” said Rebecca Sewell, who lives near the family member’s apartment.
Davis police are now the lead investigators in the case.