Davis Woman Accused Of Killing Daughter Diagnosed With Schizophrenia, Says Friend
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A Davis mother in jail for killing her 5-year-old daughter is no stranger to heartbreaking loss. Her own mother was murdered when she was a little girl. It was a widely reported case nearly 20 years ago.
A friend of the suspect revealed to CBS13 some of the pain this family is feeling all over again.
The friend showed us a picture of Aquelin Talamantes that Aquelin wants people to see. It was taken recently – before Talamantes was arrested for killing Tatianna Garcia, her own 5-year-old daughter. Cops found the girl unresponsive in the car’s trunk Thursday.
The family friend, who wants to remain anonymous, says she visited Talamantes in jail and delivered a message on behalf of the troubled woman.
“She loved her daughter very much. She won’t talk about what happened. She says that she loves her son. She wants her son contacted to let him know she loved him,” she said.
The friend also says Talamantes was recently diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, but had not been taking medication.
The death is another heartbreaking loss for the Talamantes family.
“Their whole family has had a great tragedy. Their mother was murdered,” she said.
Rosa Talamantes, Aquelin’s mother, went missing back in 1995 and her body was found in a field a month later. Her boyfriend was ultimately charged with her murder.
Rosa left behind seven children. Aquelin was 11 at the time. The little girl who lost her mom is now grown and police believe she killed her daughter.
Talamantes is expected to appear in court on Monday.
- Davis Mother Sentenced In Drowning Death Of 5-Year-Old Daughter
- Jury Rejects Insanity Plea Of Davis Woman Convicted Of Killing Daughter
- Davis Woman Found Guilty Of Killing Her Daughter
- Jury Could Get Case Of Davis Mom Allegedly Drowning 5-Year-Old Daughter After Holiday
- Trial Begins For Davis Mom Accused Of Drowning Daughter In Bathtub