Redding Man Dies After Falling Off Maui Cliff
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) — Maui officials say a 30-year-old man visiting from California died after falling off a cliff.
Maui firefighters say they responded shortly afternoon noon on Wednesday to a call about the fall at Nakalele (NAH’-kah-LEH’-leh) Point in west Maui.
Bystanders directed medics to the blowhole area where the man apparently fell 30 feet onto the rocks.
A helicopter airlifted the man to a landing zone near the highway but he was pronounced dead after being loaded into an ambulance.
Maui police identified the man as Dominic Reginatto of Redding, Calif.
Two years ago, a 44-year-old California man was sucked to his apparent death at the Nakalele blowhole. Witnesses saw a large wave push the man into the hole. He popped up briefly with the next wave but then disappeared.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.