Redding Man Dies After Falling Off Maui Cliff
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) — Maui officials say a 30-year-old man visiting from California died after falling off a cliff.
Maui firefighters say they responded shortly afternoon noon on Wednesday to a call about the fall at Nakalele (NAH’-kah-LEH’-leh) Point in west Maui.
Bystanders directed medics to the blowhole area where the man apparently fell 30 feet onto the rocks.
A helicopter airlifted the man to a landing zone near the highway but he was pronounced dead after being loaded into an ambulance.
Maui police identified the man as Dominic Reginatto of Redding, Calif.
Two years ago, a 44-year-old California man was sucked to his apparent death at the Nakalele blowhole. Witnesses saw a large wave push the man into the hole. He popped up briefly with the next wave but then disappeared.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.