Suspects Arrested In Midtown Sacramento Shooting, Alleged Torture
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Two people were arrested in connection with an early morning murder in Midtown Sacramento.
Sacramento Police say what happened at around 3 a.m. on Tuesday on O Street included torture, false imprisonment and murder.
They say Michelle Okumura, 23, invited a business associate into her apartment. An argument would break out and that associate was then allegedly held against his will and beaten by Okumura and her boyfriend, Jeremy McMahon.
“And that’s when he was trying to escape from this apartment,” said Michelle Gigante with Sacramento Police. “It’s when the male suspect shot him as he was trying to escape.”
The victim died at the apartment complex that morning. A sliding glass door where the incident took place is now boarded up.
- Midtown Sacramento Stinkbug Invasion Turning Heads, Noses
- High-Tech Sacramento Apartment Complex Breaks Ground On 16th Street
- Hamburger Patties Closing Its Doors On Sept. 2