Suspects Arrested In Midtown Sacramento Shooting, Alleged Torture
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Two people were arrested in connection with an early morning murder in Midtown Sacramento.
Sacramento Police say what happened at around 3 a.m. on Tuesday on O Street included torture, false imprisonment and murder.
They say Michelle Okumura, 23, invited a business associate into her apartment. An argument would break out and that associate was then allegedly held against his will and beaten by Okumura and her boyfriend, Jeremy McMahon.
“And that’s when he was trying to escape from this apartment,” said Michelle Gigante with Sacramento Police. “It’s when the male suspect shot him as he was trying to escape.”
The victim died at the apartment complex that morning. A sliding glass door where the incident took place is now boarded up.
- Midtown Sacramento Stinkbug Invasion Turning Heads, Noses
- High-Tech Sacramento Apartment Complex Breaks Ground On 16th Street
- Hamburger Patties Closing Its Doors On Sept. 2