Salmonella Linked Chicken Not Just Under Foster Farms Label
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — If you’re trying to avoid eating salmonella-infected chicken, you need to pay attention to more than just the brand name.
Ask most shoppers to tell you the brand of chicken linked to the recent salmonella outbreak and they’ll say Foster Farms.
But CBS13 learned that isn’t entirely true and that shoppers could find it difficult to buy chicken not associated with the outbreak.
Safeway, FoodSource and Costco all had chicken carrying a different name or an additional name, but with lot numbers associated with the outbreak.
At Safeway, it was under Eating Right and O Organics, FoodSource had ValuBest, and Costco had the Kirkland brand added to it.