Salmonella Linked Chicken Not Just Under Foster Farms Label
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — If you’re trying to avoid eating salmonella-infected chicken, you need to pay attention to more than just the brand name.
Ask most shoppers to tell you the brand of chicken linked to the recent salmonella outbreak and they’ll say Foster Farms.
But CBS13 learned that isn’t entirely true and that shoppers could find it difficult to buy chicken not associated with the outbreak.
Safeway, FoodSource and Costco all had chicken carrying a different name or an additional name, but with lot numbers associated with the outbreak.
At Safeway, it was under Eating Right and O Organics, FoodSource had ValuBest, and Costco had the Kirkland brand added to it.