Salmonella Linked Chicken Not Just Under Foster Farms Label
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — If you’re trying to avoid eating salmonella-infected chicken, you need to pay attention to more than just the brand name.
Ask most shoppers to tell you the brand of chicken linked to the recent salmonella outbreak and they’ll say Foster Farms.
But CBS13 learned that isn’t entirely true and that shoppers could find it difficult to buy chicken not associated with the outbreak.
Safeway, FoodSource and Costco all had chicken carrying a different name or an additional name, but with lot numbers associated with the outbreak.
At Safeway, it was under Eating Right and O Organics, FoodSource had ValuBest, and Costco had the Kirkland brand added to it.