Salmonella Linked Chicken Not Just Under Foster Farms Label
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — If you’re trying to avoid eating salmonella-infected chicken, you need to pay attention to more than just the brand name.
Ask most shoppers to tell you the brand of chicken linked to the recent salmonella outbreak and they’ll say Foster Farms.
But CBS13 learned that isn’t entirely true and that shoppers could find it difficult to buy chicken not associated with the outbreak.
Safeway, FoodSource and Costco all had chicken carrying a different name or an additional name, but with lot numbers associated with the outbreak.
At Safeway, it was under Eating Right and O Organics, FoodSource had ValuBest, and Costco had the Kirkland brand added to it.