Salmonella Linked Chicken Not Just Under Foster Farms Label
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — If you’re trying to avoid eating salmonella-infected chicken, you need to pay attention to more than just the brand name.
Ask most shoppers to tell you the brand of chicken linked to the recent salmonella outbreak and they’ll say Foster Farms.
But CBS13 learned that isn’t entirely true and that shoppers could find it difficult to buy chicken not associated with the outbreak.
Safeway, FoodSource and Costco all had chicken carrying a different name or an additional name, but with lot numbers associated with the outbreak.
At Safeway, it was under Eating Right and O Organics, FoodSource had ValuBest, and Costco had the Kirkland brand added to it.