Strangers Helping Search For Larry, The Dog Lost By Air Canada
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
Larry The Dog
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS13) — Kathy Willman has never met Larry the Italian greyhound or his handler, Jutta Kulic. But she’s spent the last several days searching for the lost greyhound
“I had like a meltdown, literally,” she said.
Willman is one of many strangers out looking for Larry after he escaped when an Air Canada cargo worker let him out of his crate on Monday.
Willman happens to work at SFO. She says an Air Canada cargo manager told her that Larry ran across the street and into a parking lot near Highway 101.
“I told my boss I have to leave,” she said. “I can’t stay and work when I know there’s a dog running around this place, because there’s like big trucks, airplanes, buses.”
Kulic told CBS13 on Thursday that she instructed Air Canada workers not to let Larry out of his crate.
When CBS13 reached out to Air Canada for answers about what went wrong and what policies are in place to keep it from happening again, we got this unintentional response:
“I think I would just ignore, it is local news doing a story on a lost dog. Their entire government is shut down and about to default and this is how the US media spends its time.”
That email was clearly intended for someone else at Air Canada.
CBS13 reached out to Air Canada again on Friday with the same questions. Air Canada responded saying that the search continues for answers and Larry.
Peter Fitzpatrick, the spokesman behind the mistaken email, declined an interview with us.
We’ve reached out to Caltrans and animal control. So far, there is no sign of Larry, giving hope that he’s still alive somewhere.
- Air Canada Loses Woman’s Dog, Spokesman Dismisses Inquiries In Accidental Email
- Search Continues For Larry As International Outrage Mounts Against Air Canada
- Social Media Reaction To Larry The Missing Italian Greyhound
- ‘Miracles Do Happen’: Family Hoping To Get Dog Lost By Air Canada Holding Out Hope